Dogs, Squirrels, and a Wasted Life - [image: Sadie on Squirrel Guard Duty] Sadie on Squirrel Guard Duty My dog is obsessed with squirrels. I realize all dogs are, but she has taken things to...
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Wow! I am so shocked! I have been awarded the Kreative Blogger Award. I don't know what to say. I feel so honored to have received this. Thank you so much, McVal, for this award. I would also like to thank God, my family for their never-failing support, the "Academy" :), and all of my "fans." For without you, this would not be possible. I will try to live up to the name on this award and prove myself worthy.
The "RULES" of this award are that I am to 1) tell you seven things that you don't already know about me. This is scary. I hope you still like me after I make myself vulnerable to you in this way. 2) And I am to name seven other blogs to receive this award. This will be hard because there are so many wonderful blogs out there. I have so many blogs that I absolutely love as if evidenced by my very long blog list. If you are on there, you know that I love, love, love you. So please don't get your feelings hurt if I don't choose you this time around. It doesn't actually mean that you shouldn't have received the award. If there is a tie in my mind, I guess I could either do "eeny meeny miny mo" or put the names in a hat and draw one out. 3)I am to leave a comment on each of the blogs I have nominated letting them know that I have given them an award. 4) And lastly, I am to thank the blog that you gave me the award.
So without further ado, I am going to get personal and share with you things that I rarely share with anyone. So feel privileged. But please take a vow of secrecy as this is top secret information.
SEVEN THINGS YOU DON'T ALREADY KNOW ABOUT ME:
1) I was in the Marine's ROTC in high school and learned to shoot, take apart, clean and put back together M-16 rifles. I also twirled rifles on the football field during half time at the games.
2) I was a court stenographer for six years before becoming a mom. And I will tell you that being a mom is the most challenging and rewarding job that I have ever done. I have many interesting stories to tell from that profession. I have had to take depositions at gas station pumps, in prison cells, while sitting next to an insane man who threatened to kill us all with guards standing by, on an oil rig after being hoisted up by a crane over the water and walking to the top on those steep, steel, narrow steps in heels and a dress blowing in the wind while men who haven't seen a woman in six months looked on. I have many other stories, but I won't bore you with them.
3) I love to sing and have a four octave range.
4) As a teen I did a little runway modeling.
5) I've been scuba diving once while on vacation in the Virgin Islands. I dived 30 feet under. I almost hyperventilated, but decided to getting myself under control so that I wouldn't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime experience. It was fun, but I don't plan to do it again. I'm really not too much of a risk taker or adventurous, unless it's very, very safe. For example, don't expect me to sky dive or Bungy Jump.
6) If you have read my profile, you already know that I home school my five children. What you don't know is that I have been home schooling for 17 years now and that my oldest who is now in her junior year at college I home schooled from Kindergarten through 12th grade and she received a full academic scholarship from the college. It pays for her apartment rent, utilities, food, books and tuition. Our portion that we pay is 0.
7) And last but not least, I am 44 years' young with an 18 month old baby/toddler.
NOMINATIONS (In no particular order):
1) The first nomination is of course my lovely and talented 9 year old daughter. Emily of Super Stitches.
2) Marie-Noelle of La Machine A Coudre.
3) Eugenia of Eugenia's (Fabulous) World of Fashion.
4) Shannon of Hungry Zombie Couture.
5) Kellie R of When Ladies Dressed.
6) Cennetta of The Mahogany Stylist.
7) Xue of Xue-Originals from Tokyo.
8) Allison of Allison C Sewing Gallery.
9) Linda at Sewing Diary Danville Girl.
10) Joanne at Miss Muslin.
11) Linda T at Seams Well.
12) Packrat of Swatting at Flies.
13) Julia of Julia's Sew Sweet and Special Occasion Clothing for Children.
14) Audrey of SewTawdry.
15) Gwensews of All My Seams.
16) Summerset of Pins and Needles.
17) Rhonda of Living Water Christian Academy.
18) Mary of Sewfast.
19) Busy91 of Busy With Life.
20) Gertie of Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing.
21) Cindy of Colour By Number.
22) Ivalyn "Tee" Jones-Actie of Dress to a "Tee"
23) Erica Bunker of Erica B's D.I.Y Style.
24) Carolyn of Diary of a Sewing Fanatic.
25) Bunny of La Sewista.
26) Amanda of Amanda's Adventures in Sewing.
27) Honigbarenbiene (Honey Bee Bear) of Honigbarenbiene - Fashion & Style.
28) Christina of Assorted Notions.
29) Disney of Ruffles & Stuff.
30) Miss Linda of Threads of Loveliness.
31) Shona Cole of An Artful Life.
Oh my gosh! I went over just a "little" bit! Please forgive me. I have a few more, but I better stop now before I get thrown in the Blogger Awards' Jail.