Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sundress No. 3

 

 

 

 


I made several of the same sundress for Little Miss 8 in different fabrics, around seven or eight. She really loves them. They are very comfortable and easy to play in. I attached the lining to the fabric by sewing around the edges. If you scroll down, you'll see the post where I actually give a tutorial on how to make these. They're quick and easy. They can be worn with or without the belt. I've had the fabric in my stash for quite awhile. I bought most of it on the $1 a yard, and some of the fabric was given to me. I will be sharing all of the dresses with you over the next couple of weeks..
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Very nice dress! I've made a couple similar to this for my 7 year old. I need to make some for my 11 year old and I'll need to follow your directions for lining them.
    That fabric is very cute and your daughter looks very pretty in the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I loved sewing for my daughter when she was that age. Now she is 27 and quite capable of sewing her own clothes. Still waiting for grandbabies to sew for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these little dresses. Miss 8 is pretty cute, too. :)

    Way back when... Well, when I was her age and a little older we wore "shifts" (little sleeveless A line dresses). My mom (and later when I learned to sew) made little shorts to match so that I didn't have to worry when I was riding my bike or playing on the swings or playing on the jungle gym.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are gorgeous! Maybe I will make one large enough for myself, I love quick projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very pretty little dress, Trudy. My daugter never liked dresses, so I really missed out on sewing pretty little dresses for her. Instead, I made pants and tops. She's 37 years old, and she still does not like to wear a dress. At all. I listened to Nora Jones this morning when I went out for my walk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trudy, just found your blog love it! I think you're me about 10 years ago! My five girls are 13-15-17-18-18, and I just retired from homeschooling. I love sewing, been doing it since I was 10. I love these little dresses you've made; they look like a cinch to whip up. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute dress on an even cuter girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...