Thursday, April 9, 2009

Introduction

Hi! I am so happy to be here. This is my first blog; so I'll be learning how to do this blogging thing as I go. My main sewing focus is clothing. Vintage clothing fascinates me. I especially love the femininity of women's fashions of past eras. I have a large collection of vintage patterns from the 1940's to the 1970's. So far I've made a 1940's dress and a dress from a 1974 pattern. I am also hoping at some point to sew something from Burda World of Fashion as well. That will be a new adventure for me. My 15-year-old daughter sews sometimes, and I am teaching my 8-year-old daughter how to sew. My 6-year-old son hand sewed a little pillow. I will also be posting their projects. I have a lot of really great sewing books I've come across; so I'll be sharing my favorites with you. I will also be sharing sewing tips with you. My vision for this blog is to capture mine and my children's sewing jouney. I also wish for this to be a place where you can learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...