Saturday, January 23, 2010

Refashion: From Shirt to Neck Scarf, With Tutorial

Do you have an old knit shirt or sweater lying around that you no longer wear but you love the fabric? You can turn it into a neck scarf. The whole thing only took me about 15 minutes. A big thank you to Mittie May for standing in as my model today.

First cut off the top. Then cut off the sides. With right sides together, place the two short ends together, not the hem ends, and sew. With right sides together, fold in half lengthwise and sew up the one side. Now turn right side out and close up your ends and you're done.












13 comments:

  1. You are so smart. I do have sweaters that could work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea - you have made a really nice looking scarf there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! What a fantastic idea. I shall survey my sweaters now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. People come up with the greatest ideas! Turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative idea - nice scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever! We're all about recycling now, and this is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great Trudy. thanks for the tutorial.

    Shona

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. I think a trip to the thrift store is in my future. I hope there are some great sweaters left.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wunderful idea, Ilove ist too, now I am searching for some sweaters ;-)))
    Greetings from France
    Anett

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...